Allow for custom editors

johnnydement

• It's a recurring problem for me not being able to use any other editor in jreviews, and although we end adapting to use this great component, I feel this should be handled differently:

• Integrated TinyMCE looks and feels old, is outdated 3.3.9.3 (2010-12-20) vs current 3.4.4 and it has changed lots between these versions: http://www.tinymce.com/develop/changelog/index.php?type=tinymce
    • We can't use powerful extensions as phoca gallery, macros (rokcandy, easy) or any other that takes advantage of editors-xtd
    • We have to decide between jreviews awesome features, or other editors awesome features, or divide editing process in 3 different times (creating article)->(adding fields in jreviews)->(doing review) although we can manage, this would not work in a wiki style website
    • jreviews doesn't have any feature for upload/manage of media, besides the side gallery images, but that doesn't cover the whole spectrum..., no divs, ...neither an spellchecker!... the plain editor in this SMF forum is way more powerful!

Frankly, as I see it, jreviews dev have a very narrow view of their own extension, it can be used for a wide variety of things, and lots of these are quite demanding on other features jreviews don't carry, but either allows other to do...

For me strong point in jreviews are custom fields, way better managed than K2 or mightyresources, K2 has a big point being free and allowing editors and so, mighty has awesome related fields (jreviews has too, but I feel mighty are better) and also allows 3rd party editors and xtd extensions...

Out of joomla are awesome CMS (heard about CustomCMS?) as Drupal, the better CCK out there, with a hard learning curve...

Jreviews can take advantage of being a joomla extension and working alongside other great extensions JCE; HWDvideoshare, Phoca,..., but decides not seems because it's impossible to call any editor using an ajax call... why not changing that then and calling it other way? ;)

No offense intended, i just get irritated seeing so pretty good work here and on other extensions, that would be awesome companions, not being able to play nicelly...