Affiliate feed integration, maybe as paid addon?

quiglag

Now that Amazon.com's affiliate program has left California, I am looking for other affiliates to integrate into jReviews but this is not easy. Would you consider adding affiliate feed integration to jReviews? I know this would be some extra work for you, but I think it would work well as a paid jReviews addon.

Here is my idea on how integration would work:

Affiliate feeds most often come as a txt file or as a csv file. This could be uploaded to a database and assigned their proper values, ie. price, model #, brand, etc, and most importantly affiliate link. Then the affiliate addon would search the database and spit out results to jReviews pages based on jReviews fields that match the db. In the back-end the user would tell the addon to display a link if an entry in the database matched, for example,  jr_brand, and jr_model. The more fields the user specifies, the more accurate the results will be.

The user should be able to customize the output (somewhat limited to the db information and jReviews field information) and there should also be an option to display results from more then one affiliate.

If this is not something you are interested in making, I might try to find someone to make it for me, but I think this would be a great feature for jReviews and I know you would do it right.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...