Joomap, Highest Rated time limit and other wishlist items

hibbs02

Alrighty,

Here is my considered wishlist for features in Jreviews.  It is by far the best component ever but these range from "essential" to "would be really nice."

Essential - Joomap plugin - I don't know how Google works.  Do they spider AND look at the sitemap?  If they can find the Jreviews content even though it isn't listed in the sitemap then downgrade this to "important."  ;D

Important (at least to me) - Custom Fields module option to autodetect category.  Right now I'm looking at a number of options.  They mostly include me doing direct changes to a couple of hundred categories.  Not just once but at least every year I'll have to go back in and do all again!  Oy, but this would make life so much easier.

Very Useful/Pretty Important - Highest Rated having a time limit.  Lots of sites have content with a freshness rating - tv, movie, books, game sites.  After a month or three that content should still be available but essentially is just active archive.  The ability to have Highest Rated and add in a variable that says (today, this week, this month) would allow our dynamic sites to stay dynamic.  Otherwise you will  have content that nobody cares about anymore being on the top of your Highest Rated list (the whole point of which is to increase site stickiness!) 

Would be nice/(Important to me) - The ability to have categories with an average rating and then output them in a ratings list (comparing only the categories in that section.)  My site requires that each item have its own category.  So one of the major functions of the whole rating/module system of comparison is completely lost to me.  I don't know how many of us there are in this situation, but there have to be a few of us.

So, that is my wishlist.  If I come up with any more I'll add them to this thread.  Love the component but all of these features would make my life much easier.  I know you are working hard and I appreciate it!  Just adding grist to the mill.