Help with permission

adekunle Owolabi

I am relaying this from my previous post..if someone can help with it...free or paid..

-------------------------------

The issue i am trying to get past is the permission relationg to group/user having access to certain section and category..

I have searched throughly through the forum and i did ran through the same thread that had thesame issue but wasn't detailed enough ...

I am running a huge site ( a gaming site precisely) where each editor will have access to their own section...

for example..

A ps3 editor under 'News' category will only have access to his category only while the rest of the category is hidden or inaccessible...

Of course this can be relosved by moderating each post just to make sure they are posting into the right category... but this is a huge site and we are just trying to make everything professional looking.

If there is a way to group editors to certain section or category ...that would be really great..

When i read about the previous thread a user made months ago ...you talked about editing listing_controller.php

but you really never went into detail on what to do...Please can you fill me in a little bit more on what I should do?

i have tried other component that sets permission and create group to certain joomla categories...but thesame rule didn't applied to jreview..Help me please.

---------------------------------------------

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...