What's the best way to add content articles-K2 or otherwise?

Dennis Toman

My site offers free and paid listings by monthly subscriptions through JReviews. All of these JReviews listings are within one directory and one category. I would like to allow registered users with paid JReviews listings to add content articles that they author. The author should be able to format their own articles with headings and links (not necessary to add images), but the submission/edit  would be moderated. The reason for offering the articles is to give the listing user more credibility for visitors, as well as building content for the site.

I need some direction on this. Should we do this through JReviews entirely, or use it with K2...or perhaps there is another way that is recommended?  If we do this through K-2, I believe I've seen some forum threads saying that would require using the JReviews Everywhere add-on...is that still correct?

Here is the functionality that I'm looking for:

1. Creating/Editing Article: The JReviews user would need to log in to submit/edit the article. The user menu should include a list of all submitted articles, so they can be reviewed/edited/deleted by the registered user.

2. Article submission/editing is moderated (preferably through JReviews)

3. The JReviews paid listing should include links to the articles submitted by that person (so that visitors can read the articles submitted for that particular listing).

4. The content articles should include a link to the JReviews listing (i.e., linked by the author).

5. A visitor should be able to search for articles along with other Joomla articles that are outside of JReviews (Does not have to search both the paid JReviews listings and the content articles at the same time). For example, I'm already using K2 and have articles on the site that I've added as administrator...have not yet allowed users to submit their own K2 articles. I would want to let the visitor find other content articles along with K2 articles.

6. It would be good but not critical to allow comments to the content articles.

7. Someday, I may want to charge a user to submit an article (one time fee), or perhaps make this an option for a higher level JReviews subscription. 

Of these issues, the critical ones are that I only let users with paid listings submit articles, and that the JReviews listing includes links back to the articles, and the articles include a link back to the JReview listing.

I know that this question goes outside of JReviews, but I want to find a solution that is not unnecessarily complicated and plays well together with JReviews! 

Thanks in advance. Dennis