MapsPro Add-on Geocoding Question

Ant

Short version

1) I’m using the MapsPro Add-on. If possible, could you point me in the direction of the code responsible for concatenating the address for geocoding?

2 )In the future, would it be possible to allow multiple fields to be entered for the state field input and city field input for geocoding? Please refer to the attached pic for clarification.

Other questions at the bottom of this post.

Long version

I’m using the MapsPro Add-on. I plan to take listings from multiple countries, but I’ve run into some trouble. One of the problems is that there are many different country divisions. For example, America is divided into states, Japan is divided into prefectures and Korea is divided into provinces and special cities (there are many more divisions types). Some countries are then further subdivided into smaller areas! Yay! Fun! But for the most part, country divisions have approximate equivalents to Country -> State -> City

If you are feeling adventurous, you can read about country divisions and their subdivisions at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_administrative_divisions_by_country <- It changed my life ?

Anyway back to the story, I was going to create a field option for each of the country first divisions, for example jr_state, jr_prefecture, jr_provincecity and then add them all to the state field input shown in the picture below. By doing this, I would be able to ask for the correct division name during the advanced search or on the listing submission form.

Unfortunately, the state field input only accepts one field. I was hoping to add multiple fields. The same goes for the City field input. It was my hope to use the State field input (shown in the picture) for first divisions and if necessary use the City field for secondary divisions. If the State field had accepted multiple fields I was then hoping it would ignore those that were empty or null and concatenate the rest for the geocoding query.

Questions

1)     If possible, could you point me in the direction of the code responsible for concatenating the address for geocoding?

2)     In the future, would it be possible to allow multiple fields to be entered for the state field input and city field input for geocoding?

3)     Has anyone else encountered this problem? How did you solve it?

4)     Assuming I manage to find a way to go ahead with this in the way I’ve described, does anyone see any other problems that are likely to come from getting location information this way?

geocoding_fields.jpg

Archived