plethoraonline-1492071863

Public Profile Already Exists!

Hello there, 

Im having an issue with the public profile... I register, create the public profile all good.  Later i go in the admin area, i delete the public profile, i go again in the front end to create it, when i try to submit it says: 

You already have a public profile. 

Anyone had this problem before?

Regards

I haven't come across this issue before. Please feel free to submit a support ticket with site access after you've renewed your support and I will be happy to take a look.

I've seen it in the past where deleting a jreviews listing did not completely delete all records of the joomla article ie: summary/description. Not sure if it was customization that caused it or remember how it was fixed. I do know it was mentioned in a thread about jreviews articles not deleting completely from joomla. Check to see that there are no traces of the profile listing/article in joomla articles, trash etc., and clear cache.  As jreviews uses the joomla article component if there is anything left it will be known as a duplicate.

This probably is not the case for your issue just an FYI.

Cheers!

Daniel

@DanielH When you delete a listing, all associated database table rows are also removed, including the core Joomla content table row which is where the summary/description are stored. I also checked the scenario mentioned by the OP and I am not able to replicate it. A ticket with access would be needed for troubleshooting purposes.

I'm not seeing any issues at this time. Was only stating probable cause as I've seen it a while back. At that time(v: 2.x.x) I had a similar problem and for some reason the description and summary was not being deleted from joomla when deleting a jreviews listing. Like I said it could have been customization that caused it, cache, or a glitch on my end.

Cheers!