move summary text to description

n00bster

i want to move all existing summary text from a specific category to the description field. because i want to simplify the create form (reducing unnecessary fields).

i have exported the listings where i want to do the change and imported this in google docs to make the change.

now i noticed, when i copy & paste the summary text over to the description (in fact some listings have both in use, a text in summary and description and some listings only in summary or description ...) so that i get what i want. the question appers - what is happening with the text in the summary fields when i import my changed data?

on import, does a empty field override existing text so that it is also empty? how is the logic of this...

this is not only interesting for this scenario ... i have other fields where i have to make some changes from filled out fields to empty fields and so on.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please refer to our Privacy Policy.