[solved] some beginner questions prior to buyment

Michael

Hi everyone,

after 1 year in the review business I thought it might be a good idea to finally earn some money with my site ;-) Therefore I got some questions with regards to the usage of the paid listings add-on, which I am going to buy, in order to see if my strategy fits to the offered options.

Not really surprising, I got the idea to have two listing plans:

- base (free) listing (limited in display of custom fields and media options)

- premium (paid) listing (full features, one-off-payment, possibly expiring and thus downgrading to base after one year, if not renewed)

From reading the documentation so far, I guess that this is feasible. Now comes the tricky part:

I already got an existing directory with lots of listings prior to have paid listings in place. All of them have full features enabled.

My vision:

a) upgrade/assign all existing listings to premium level without any financial transaction - similar to set the flag "claimed" - either automatically or manually. Why's this? As a early bird deal I promised every listing owner that he/she will get lifetime premium features for free

b) from beginning of 2014: every new listing is a premium listing (i.e. all features in place)

but only for a limited period of time, e.g. three months. After that period all listing owners, who did not pay, get a downgrade to "base" listing, whereas a paid listing of course keeps all features in place - this shall only apply to new listings, as I do not want to downgrade my "early-bird-users".

Will this scenario be feasible? Is there another good approach to handle it?

Thanks for your help!

BR,

Michael