• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jonathan Nguyen

jonathan Nguyen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:12 PM

Is there a way to turn off rating display in the Featured Listing module? I have several featured listings that have no rating and it looks silly plus takes a lot of space to have two lines (user / editor) dedicated to a rating that isn't there.

#2 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 28597 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 08:03 PM

Create a theme suffix for it and edit the theme to remove the ratings.

#3 jonathan Nguyen

jonathan Nguyen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:22 AM

Can you give me more detail on how to do this? Kinna new to this.  ;D Thanks

#4 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 12528 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 12:43 PM

Can you give me more detail on how to do this? Kinna new to this.  ;D Thanks

Create a copy of the listing module theme file:
\views\themes\default\modules\listings.thtml

Rename the copy to listings_norating.thtml

Edit listings_norating.thtml and remove the code that outputs ratings:
<?php if ( $listing['Criteria']['state'] == 1 ):?>
   <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" class="rating_table">
		<?php if($this->Config->author_review && Sanitize::getString($listing['Listing'],'extension')=='com_content'): // Only for core articles:?>
		<tr>
			<td class="rating_label"><?php echo $Html->image($this->viewImages.'review_editor.png',array('width'=>14,'height'=>14,'title'=>__t("Editor rating",true),'alt'=>__t("Editor rating",true)));?></td>
			<td class="rating_stars" title="<?php __t("Editor rating");?>" style="cursor:help;"><?php echo $Rating->drawStars($listing['Review']['editor_rating'], $this->Config->rating_scale, $this->Config->rating_graph, 'editor');?></td>
			<td class="rating_value"><?php echo $Rating->round($listing['Review']['editor_rating'],$this->Config->rating_scale);?><?php if ( $listing['Review']['editor_rating_count'] > 1 ) echo ' (',$listing['Review']['editor_rating_count'],')';?></td>
		</tr>
		<?php endif;?>
		<?php if($this->Config->user_reviews):?>
		<tr>
			<td class="rating_label"><?php echo $Html->image($this->viewImages.'review_user.png',array('width'=>14,'height'=>14,'title'=>__t("User rating",true),'alt'=>__t("User rating",true)));?></td>
			<td class="rating_stars" title="<?php __t("User rating");?>" style="cursor:help;"><?php echo $Rating->drawStars($listing['Review']['user_rating'], $this->Config->rating_scale, $this->Config->rating_graph, 'user');?></td>
			<td class="rating_value"><?php echo $Rating->round($listing['Review']['user_rating'],$this->Config->rating_scale);?> (<span style="cursor:help;" title="<?php __t("User reviews");?>"><?php echo (int) $listing['Review']['user_rating_count'];?></span>)</td>
		</tr>
		<?php endif;?>
   </table>
<?php endif; ?>

Next, clear the File Registry in JReviews administration

In the module's preferences add a suffix "_norating" into "Theme Suffix" input, so that this module uses a new file.

That is all :)

#5 jonathan Nguyen

jonathan Nguyen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:06 PM

Thank you Kristian, very well walk-though and got what I wanted. thanks for great support.

#6 KLP29

KLP29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

Great! This saved my day! I didn't know that you could have different formatting of modules this way !! :)
:] Kind regards

Kenneth WedMore Lund

Living Smart TV

#7 Alex G1424296253

Alex G1424296253

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Also want to remove editors rating and tried to repeat these steps, but where is'nt such code in listings.thtml any more, what else can we do?

#8 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 28597 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

The latest version of the listings module has settings to hide user and editor ratings.

#9 Alex G1424296253

Alex G1424296253

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:08 AM

I mean editor rating in listing module, i haven't found it in configuration settings

Attached Files

• Attached File  4.png   39.3KB   2 downloads

#10 Kristian

Kristian

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 12528 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 03:47 AM

I mean editor rating in listing module, i haven't found it in configuration settings

When you open the Listings Module in Module Manager, you should see "Show Editor Rating" and "Show User Rating" parameters:
http://screencast.com/t/TSNhmjX7o

If you don't see those parameters, download the latest JReviews package from the client area and install the listings module again (/modules/mod_jreviews_listings.zip). It is not necessary to uninstall the old version.

Also, make sure you use the latest theme file of the listings module.

#11 Alex G1424296253

Alex G1424296253

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:50 AM

thanks for reply, i'm use Joomla 3.0 and jreview v2.4.7.0, but i've haven't such option in listing module

http://www.screencast.com/t/GxWzlksHP9

#12 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 28597 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Download the package from the client area, unzip it, find the module in the /modules folder and install it again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users