Zend Optimizer support discontinued

Alejandro

I've decided to stop providing a Zend encoded version of jReviews. This is effective immediately for new clients.

Clients who purchased before December 10th, 2008 can request a Zend encoded version via ticket until the end of February 2009.

This means that if you are using the Zend encoded version and you want to continue upgrading jReviews you need to make plans to start using the ionCube encoded version before February 2009!

Why won't I continue to provide a Zend encoded version?

1) I am not going to keep spending money on Zend products because they don't appreciate me as a customer. I've been a Zend customer for over two years and have spent over US$1,000 on their products and renewals. After talking to many people at Zend all they could offer me was a 0.5% discount on the Zend Guard renewal.

2) I am not satisfied with the Zend Guard product.

3) The license requires me to pay full-price every year even if they don't have a new version out. If I don't renew the subscription then Zend Guard automatically becomes a trial version.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience this will cause some existing clients, but that is why I am providing over two months of lead time so you can start thinking about switching over to ionCube.

Discuss this announcement