Creating static pages for JReviews content

Rik Brown

I just installed and am testing out a component called "Joomlatools Pages" that allows one to build static Joomla pages from all kinds of sources.

I found that if I created a page within their component's directory tree with the exact same category name + same listing page name as the JReviews listing, then the Pages component would take precedence so that Joomla would display that static page rather than generate the JReviews page. If there is no static page, the normal JReviews page will be generated.

Either way, the URL would be exactly the same. 

Serving static JReviews pages would be much faster for us. And their component also can cache the static page content or use the Joomla cache.

I'm wondering if there is a way to query JReviews and direct that content in a way to use the output as a static page in a specified directory?

If not, I'm thinking that those pages could probably be mirrored as static pages using wget and may be the easier/quicker way to do this.

Thanks. -- Rik

PS: the Joomlatools Pages component development on GitHub is being led by Johan Janssens (co-founder and past lead developer for Joomla).

Edited by Rik Brown