Display pages - separate background image for each page

Rik Brown

Using "Advanced Module Manager" and "HD Custom CSS" module (which allows one to place "body" css in the page <head>), I am able to have separate full-screen, background images for each of our JReviews categories. But what I really would like to do is to be able to display a unique full-screen background image targeted to every single one of our Display (landing) pages.

I played around with the JReviews Fields Manager and was able to create a field called jr_bgimage to hold an image file/location. I was then able to place a <style> directly in the body area of a page using a module:

<style>
body {
    background: url(https://[domain]/images/landing/{FIELDTEXT});
    background-position: center;
    background-repeat: no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
    height: 100%;
}
</style>

Then in the custom.css file for our Joomla template, I made the image full-screen. It worked (I know: this is a bad way of using css). And since the css is not in the <head> area it could run into conflicts with other elements created by our Joomla template.

But the nice thing was that with that {Filetext} data stored in the jos_jreviews_content.jr_bgimage field allowed for a separate image for every single JReviews display page.

And I could run a MySQL query to mass assign a full-screen background image to every page in a category. Or, within a category such as restaurants, I could assign a specific image to each different restaurant chain. I could also assign an image to a single page. 

I could also just edit any listing's jr_bgimage field via a submission page to input the image name and location. That method just required making a setting to our custom.css once which could then apply to every one of our display pages.

Now to my question: Is there anything built into JReviews that would allow me to read the jr_bgimage {FIELDTEXT} data and then place that into each page's <head> area as a css override like the following:

.t3-wrapper {
  background-image: url("https://[domain]/images/landing/{FIELDTEXT}"); 
  background-position: center;
  background-repeat: space;
  background-size: cover; 
  height: auto;
  min-height: 100%;
}

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks. -- Rik

Edited by Rik Brown