Google Maps Array.from console error

Alejandro

Recently I have received several tickets from clients about this issue, so I decided to created this post to explain what is happening here.

This site overrides Array.from() with an implementation that doesn't support iterables, which could cause Google Maps JavaScript API v3 to not work correctly.

First, at this time it doesn't seem to be causing any issues with GeoMaps or MapsPro, but of course it's a consideration going forward.

There isn't any code in JReviews that overrides javascript's native Array.from method. If you are seeing this on your site, it is most likely because your template or a 3rd party solution (module, plugin) is loading Mootools.

This is what running Array.from in the browser console looks like without Mootools:

image.png

And this is what it looks like with Mootools or any other code or library that overrides it:

image.png

There's a clear difference. One outputs the native function, the other doesn't.

If you click on the code output function in the 2nd screenshot directly on your browser console, it will open the file that is overriding the method and in the cases I've seen, it's always a Mootools file.

I've also found that in most cases, it's a menu module loading the Mootools library. 

The only fix here is to replace the "offending" 3rd party solution with something that doesn't require Mootools.