Preview of upcoming card layout for list pages

Alejandro

Hi

It's been a while since the last update, or maybe not so much ? Things have been pretty busy around here with a new Add-on that's in the works, more details when it's closer to release, and also improvements to JReviews. Improving the interface is something I've been meaning to do for a while. As mentioned in some of the previous "poll" announcement posts, the next update will have incremental improvements that will be very noticeable in the forms, buttons dialogs, and tabs. The comparison widget has also been completely redesigned to make it work on mobile. A client recently asked about this and I shared in that post a preview of the new comparison widget in action.

Finally, there's going to be a new "cardview" layout in the next update in addition to all the existing ones. The masonry and thumbview layouts have also been improved so the images occupy the entire width of the cards in those layouts.

I wanted to share some screenshots of what the new cardview layout looks like in different variations. These are taken from my development site, so it's not just a design. It's been quite a challenge to figure out a way to make them look good regardless of the screen size and sidebar width. The next step is to figure out how to best integrate these into JReviews to make it as flexible as possible so you can modify some aspects of the layout through settings. Given that these would be settings specific to the card layout it's a a bit more challenging to figure out a nice way to add these within the already complex admin dashboard. I have some ideas so already and hopefully it won't be too long before you can get your hands on the next update!

I think these are a great addition and I hope you think so too. I am leaving this post open for comments below.

cards.jpg

Have a great weekend!

Alejandro

• 2 weeks later...
  • Alejandro locked this topic