#1 Harrison

Harrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

Until now
Until this week it was straight forward to install ioncube on a server hosted with 1and1.  You just uploaded the ioncube file ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to the root of your server's hosting directory and the server would automatically find and used it.

Changes to 1and1 setup now stop this working
As of this week 1and1 have started to upgrade their servers, and this includes updating to php 5.2.5.  With this version of php the dl() function has been disabled on the server, and this was needed to make the run-time install of ioncube work.  Therefore if any of you using a 1and1 server have your ioncube install setup by just having the ioncube loader in the root of your hosting space, then it might suddenly stop working once 1and1 get around to upgrading your server.

Thankfully there is a solution.

Installing ioncube
Download the current ioncube package for your server from here.

Upload the file ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so from this package into the root of your hosting webspace.

Next you need to create a new php.ini file using notepad or any other text editor.  Inside of this file put the following and then save the file:

zend_extension=/homepages/xx/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so
(Put the relevant parts for your specific server path where I have put the x's.  You can find this path out from your 1and1 control panel).

Then copy this php.ini file onto your server, placing it into the Joomla Administrator directory.  (It needs to be in here as this is the location of the index.php file that is called when the jReviews administration panel is loaded).

And that is it.  Now the server and jReviews should find and load the ioncube loader and allow the jReviews backend to work.

#2 yannenater

yannenater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:44 AM

Hello,

I'm trying to install ioncube on 1and1.fr servers and it doesn't work...

It says :

Warning: dl() [function.dl]: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429//../../../../../homepages/X/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so' - /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429//../../../../../homepages/X/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in /homepages/X/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/ioncube/ioncube-loader-helper.php on line 411

and

Run-Time Loading Installation Instructions
Testing Server
Testing whether your system supports run-time loading...

Looking for Loader 'ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so'

Extensions Dir: /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429 (/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429)
Relative Path: /../../../../../homepages/X/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/ioncube/
Found Loader: /usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20020429/../../../../../homepages/X/xxxxxxxx/htdocs/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_4.4.so

:-\

any idea?

#3 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32504 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:57 AM

Have you tried getting support from your host?

#4 yannenater

yannenater

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:02 AM

Actually, no... :P

But is it really nessecary for me to install this version of JReviews if the 2.0 is coming soon?  ;)

#5 Harrison

Harrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:24 AM

That is very similar to the errors I received after 1and1 upgraded their servers to PHP 5.2.5 because this removed a function required to auto include the ioncube loader.

Did you try the method I outlined above?  Remembering to create a php.ini file with the line shown, but changed to reference the location of the iconcube loader on your server.  However your server seems to need the older 4.4 version of the loader, so just replace the one I've referred to with that version when you are doing it.

#6 DeanMarshall

DeanMarshall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 06:34 AM

Because on 1and1's servers PHP is run as through a cgi interface the local php.ini settings don't propagate to subfolders. I find it is necessary to put the php.ini file in the root, in /administrator/ and in /administrator/com_jreviews/  . This makes the jReviews admin interface accessible. I'm doing this for a client and can't give it a thorough test on his live site - but I've asked him to report back on any issues.

The only issues I can foresee would be caused by the presence of encoded files in subfolders under the /administrator/com_jreviews/ folder. In this case the php.ini file would need to be copied to these sub-folders too.

So far things are looking good - fortunately this means we won't require 1and1's support staff - because frankly they aren't up to the job.

Dean.

#7 eskwire

eskwire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 25 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

Hi Harrison,

Thanks so much for your guide.  It save me lots of time.

I had all of the steps except for placing the php.ini file in the Administrator directory.

I moved the file I had created there and everything worked perfect!

Thanks Again!
coupon "JOOMLAHOSTING" gets you 25% off your hosting at HostGator, hope it helps.

#8 ailema

ailema

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 10:52 PM

hmm am not really familiar with  ioncube on 1and1 servers but is this for joomla codes rght?

#9 FluidDynamics

FluidDynamics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 09:04 AM

This is from the 1and1 Administrator FAQ if anyone needs additional info
(note: they too mention you need the php.ini in each folder):

What's the PHP configuration?

On our Managed Servers PHP is installed as a CGI application. Scripts ending
in ".php" are executed by the PHP-interpreter using your customer ID.

The PHP installation includes the following modules:Module Version
Expat 1.95.6
Sablotron 1.0
PCRE 4.5
OpenSSL 0.9.6
Libcurl 7.10.3
MySQL Client API 4
IMAP c-Client 4.1
GD 2.0 or higher (FreeType, TTF library, GIF Read/Create, JPG, PNG, WBMP)
GDBM 1.8.0
Zlib 1.2.1

The php.ini file contains the following default values:
upload_max_filesize:20 M
max_execution_time:300
memory_limit:40 M
post_max_size:8 M
SMTP:localhost

The php.ini file should be placed in all the directories that has PHP scripts you
want effected by that php.ini file.

PHP version 5 is available to use with your 1&1 Managed Server

#10 FluidDynamics

FluidDynamics

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:18 PM

The following information may be helpful for beginners
(i'm throwing this in here because a fair number of people trying to use ioncube on 1and seem to be navigating here from google for advice:):

1) Which ioncube loader do I download? (from:  http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php ):

You can find the server information and php info. your hosting company is using from the Joomla administrator's control panel under a menu on the top right: "Help > System info." Often it will be running on an x86 Linux machine.

2) If you don't know how to use FTP (although if this is the case you may want to learn a little more about this.  If you're going to be playing around with a Joomla website, you'll need to know how to move files around from time to time) you can use the "windows installer" package instead of the .zip version.  It includes a little FTP service that will allow you to upload the Ioncube loader to wherever you'd like on the remote server (it creates a folder called "ioncube").

Help is available here on the installer: http://help.ioncube....te&locale=en_US

Generally you'll want to have the "ioncube" folder one directory level above any.php files that you're going to be using.  And if you're with 1and1 make sure you place the .ini files as described above.

3) Other interesting information about 1and1, php, and ioncube:

“It's not that they are running php version 4x, they actually run version 5, but they've set it so that files with just a .php extension run in version 4 mode - files with .php5 run with version 5. No clue as to why they are doing it that way.”

http://forum.joomla....25310&p=1416220

4) Keep in mind that the older this post gets the less relevant this information will be.

#11 jpipitone

jpipitone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:27 PM

Hello,

I've followed the instructions and I have the ioncube loader loaded.  Here's the message I get from the ioncube-loader-helper.php:

An ionCube encoded file has been loaded successfully.
Encoded files should now function correctly.

When I click on the jReviews component, all I see is a blank page, and my URL looks like:

sitename.com/administrator/index2.php?option=com_jreviews&url=license&msg=Please%2Benter%2Byour%2Blicense%2Bnumber.

#12 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32504 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 06:52 PM

A couple of suggestions:

1) Put the ioncube-loader-helper.php file in the /administrator/ folder and run it from there to make sure it's working where it's supposed to. If it's not, you may need to put your php.ini file in /administrator as well

2) Go to this url to finish the installation correctly

sitename.com/administrator/index2.php?option=com_jreviews&url=install

#13 Harrison

Harrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:43 AM

A quick run through of some of the additional information posted by others to give a bit more information.

1) Which ioncube loader do I download? (from:  http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php )

As I mentioned in my original post it is the ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so file is the one needed for 1and1.  This in in the Linux 5.2 ioncube download.

3) Other interesting information about 1and1, php, and ioncube:

“It's not that they are running php version 4x, they actually run version 5, but they've set it so that files with just a .php extension run in version 4 mode - files with .php5 run with version 5. No clue as to why they are doing it that way.”

Yes, it is true that by default 1and1 servers load .php scripts using php4.  To get around this issue and make all scripts run using php5 create a blank text file in notpad and add the following line:

AddType x-mapp-php5 .php

Now save your file as .htaccess  Make sure it has the . at the start and no extension to the filename.  Now upload this to the root of your Joomla site and all php scripts will now load using php5.

#14 Harrison

Harrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:45 AM

Hello,

I've followed the instructions and I have the ioncube loader loaded...

When I click on the jReviews component, all I see is a blank page, and my URL looks like:

sitename.com/administrator/index2.php?option=com_jreviews&url=license&msg=Please%2Benter%2Byour%2Blicense%2Bnumber.

You do not have the php.ini file in your Joomla/Administrator directory on the server.  Do this so that ioncube can load and run the jReviews admin panel. 

Alternatively this could also be a jReviews licensing issue.  Is your site running on the actual domain you have linked to your license?  And if so do you have a valid key file for your license on your server?

#15 marinesct

marinesct

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:05 AM

I timed out on my original reply.  I'll try and get everything in once again.

my ioncube-loader-helper.php is properly detecting my php.ini:

Analysis of your system configuration shows:

PHP Version 5.2.8
Operating System Linux
Threaded PHP No
php.ini file /homepages/x/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/test/administrator/php.ini
Required Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

Per the instructions above, I dropped the php.ini into the /test, /administrator, and /com_jreviews folders with appropriate adjustments for the ioncube folder.  The ioncube folders were installed one level above each of the php.ini folders.

Here's what I have in one of the php.ini files: 
zend_extension = /homepages/x/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/test/administrator/ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

I've also tried it in just the /administrator folder with just the one ioncube folder; no other instances of it.

So, it seems that I'm half way there.  What am I forgetting/missing?

The error I am receiving is:

Site error: the file /homepages/x/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/test/components/com_jreviews/jreviews/admin_controllers/my_controller.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

#16 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32504 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:11 AM

You only need to put the php.ini file in the /administrator folder as you did last and the ioncube folder can be anywhere as long as you adjust the path.

If the php.ini file is being recognized and it still doesn't work it might be that you have a 64bit server and you are using the 32bit version of the loader. Check the top of phpinfo and see if you can find the server specs saying it's 64bit. If you need further help with this please submit a ticket.

#17 marinesct

marinesct

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

I looked and it only stated Linux. I tried both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions to no avail.  Looks like I'll be submitting a ticket.  Thanks again for the help.

#18 Harrison

Harrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

Per the instructions above, I dropped the php.ini into the /test, /administrator, and /com_jreviews folders with appropriate adjustments for the ioncube folder.  The ioncube folders were installed one level above each of the php.ini folders.

I think this is where you are going wrong.  Think of ioncube in the same way as a service or application in Windows.  You only need it in one location and loading by the OS/Server once.  You wouldn't install a Windows application like Word in every directory you saved a word document in, would you?

In the case of the way 1and1 servers are setup the ioncube .so file needs to be in the root of your webspace and nowhere else.  The php.ini will just contain:

zend_extension=/homepages/xx/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

And in the php.ini file the reference to it to load Ioncube will then always be this root directory.

And you just place this php.ini file into the administration directory in your Joomla installation.  So in your case it would be placed in:

/homepages/x/dxxxxxxxxx/htdocs/test/administrator/

And that should be all that is needed.  You don't need the php.ini file in any other directory as ioncube is only used to load the backend administrator panel for jReviews and nothing for the frontend.

#19 Alejandro

Alejandro

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 32504 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Harrison. Just a correction though, for trial users ionCube is in fact needed in the frontend as well, so the php.ini file is also required in the root of Joomla.

#20 JCY77

JCY77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

Hi

Have spent a lot of time searching various threads and not being able to solve this apparent conflict.

Step 1 - Install Ioncube & Jreview

I  successfully installed jreviews following this thread instructions - install ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so in directory /ioncube - added a php.ini to root and administrator directory. Worked fine! :)

Step 2 - Decided to install Joomla SEF

Add to .htaccess  lines below. 
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php
Options +FollowSymLinks
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /

Worked fine  :)

Result! - Went back to Jreviews and ...  Broken Jreview installation  returning this error :'(

Site error: the file /homepages/xx/xxxxxxxxx/htdocs/mysitedirectory/components/com_jreviews/jreviews/admin_controllers/my_controller.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so to be installed by the site administrator.

Please help!!!!

Versions:

php -  5.2.8
Joomla - Joomla! 1.5.9 Production/Stable
Jreviews - 2.0.8.39

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users