Possible to hide some fieldoptions on submit form?

DanielH

I know in the past it was not possible to hide certain fieldoptions from a select list on the submit form. Has that changed and we still really cannot yet edit the submit form can we? I know we can select and control more in the paidlistings addon but not exactly what I need.

When it comes to auto manufacturers as fieldoptions vehicles that are older are considered classic cars and would like to differentiate classics from late model cars. In an effort to not have two sets of fieldoptions for manufacturers, mainly because some are still current manufacturers, some antiquated manufacturers, and some both, I was thinking of having a complete list of manufacturers as options in one field then only show the correct manufacturers according to model year. Looking at using the model year field and fieldoptions to control the manufacturer but did not really want to increase the database to allow more controls. I think currently we can use up to eight or nine different controls on any item. In this case I would need 30.

If there is any way to accomplish this I'm all ears.

Many thanks!

Archived