Who needs United States address data for jreviews fields and fieldoptions?

DanielH

Wanted to post this here before posting in the proper place for offering to see if there is any interest.

In the past users have asked about an address database to make the setup of JReviews much easier. The time consuming task of creating and entering the data necessary for a complete address is monumental as you all know. What if you could insert that data in a few minutes instead of taking weeks or months, would it be worth it to you?

I have a United States address (ie: country, state, county, city, zip code) database that has been in progress for quite a while, I was thinking about making it available to JReviews users if the demand warranted. All data was taken from the 2010 census, is complete and structured for JReviews fields and fieldoptions data, (content, fieldoptions, fields, and field groups) tables.

As is, the data can only be used on new/fresh installs or any install that does not have any field groups, fields, or field options set up yet. Reason is ID numbers will not match but could be edited to work with any install if you want to. In the future I may offer a custom data set for existing installs but for now lets keep it to new installs.

The structure is as follows:

Field Groups:

Fields (in order)
(Location group)
Country - (single select) - 1 United States - Added this in case of future countries being added and control fields.
State - (single select) - All 50 states including Hawaii plus District of Columbia (NO CONTROLS)
County - (single select) - Over 3,000 counties. All counties including city counties where necessary (CONTROLLED BY STATE, jr_state)
City -  (single select) - Over 29,000 cities. All address/post office cities with major schools/universities, military bases, national parks etc. (CONTROLLED BY STATE, jr_state)
Zip/Postal Code - (single select) -  Over 40,000 zip codes. All active US zip codes including P.O. Box and continental US military. Over seas military not included. (CONTROLLED BY STATE, jr_state)
Address - (text) empty
Address2 - (text) empty

(Geo Location group)
Latitude - (decimal) - no coordinates included
Longitude - (decimal) - no coordinates included

In all 73,636 Rows of fieldoptions (states, counties, cities, zip codes) for the United States. US territories may be added as a supplement later if there is enough interest. The database is complete at this time but need to do more checking its function. There are some things included I am removing for my own site, such as military and university zip codes as "cities". They are only included because someone would eventually want them. The few things possibly not needed are easier to delete then to create and all this data in the first place.

Not sure if there should be a small fee for this or even how much or what it would be worth to users who need it.

Your questions, suggestions, and input is greatly appreciated. Please let me know what you think.

I will put some screen shots up in the future if requested.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived