Import listings from JReviews 2 site into fresh install JReviews 3

P Gales

Hi,

I'm not a developer or coder in any way but I can upgrade and do fresh installs etc.  I notice that upgrading from 2 to 3 is not a push button process and I'm contemplating making so many changes to my existing site that a fresh install may make more sense; especially since I'd like to have a run at having JReviews do most of the heavy lifting with paid listings, user profiles,  instead of using other components dedicated to those functions.  

So instead of hunting for all of the custom changes I made into the old JReviews which may not apply in any case, I'm thinking to start completely new, set it up with all of the same field, field groups etc., that I'll want from the old site and then import from the old database. 

I see there is an import add on which seems designed for what I'm considering.  

To determine if I can do this myself a few questions on the Import Add on:

1. Is the process first export to CSV, upload CSV to server and then perform import?
  2. Must I first configure my new site with all of the Directories, categories, field groups etc, or will the import function automatically create these on my fresh install for me?
  3. If the answer to #2 is yes, can I use the import add-on to configure my directories, category, field groups etc. WITHOUT importing importing listings?
  4. Can I import only select listings?
  5. Will the license allow me to install the import add-on on my old site and again on my new site (new server)?
  6. How long does the process take?

Thanks

Archived