Trying to get started with formbuilder

Adam Harden

Hi Jreviews team,

I am really trying to get the Formbuilder field into my directory, however the documentation is hard to follow, especially with the output section. Here is what I am looking for: A simple field that outputs a name and a URL. I actually used the inventory builder as an example, modified it and got it working in the editor. I can add the data as needed, and that's a great start.

However, getting the information to display on the page has been frustrating, to say the least. First off, I don't use theme overrides, as I find the stock look of jreviews is sufficient to the site. Perhaps this is where I am getting hung up, because I don't even understand what files need to go in what folders throughout the site (some in the theme file, some in the com_jreviews, etc.). 

In the end, all I want to do is output the data in a simple row. I tried to use $text = json_decode($text, true); in the PHP based formatting, but nothing shows. Is there an easier way to do this vs. creating some custom theme file, trying to associate it with that field (I still can't grasp how I would tell jreviews to look for this one theme for one field)? I just something simple, and can't seem to figure out how to output it. There isn't an output area in the playground, so that doesn't really help me at all.

Thanks.

Archived