www.HDsports.at

[SOLVED] Problems after changint field-type form "text" to "textarea"

Posted (edited)

hey,

i am confused. i changed in phpmyadmin the field-type of a field from "text" to "textarea".

But when i now enter a text in the field, it saves only the first 200 characters.

But in maxlength i changed the value to "0" and i find in the field settings nothing what limited the text area to 200 characters.

must i do another changing that i have not the limitation?

best regards

Edited by www.HDsports.at

You went around the user interface to change directly the database, so that can always lead to unexpected results, and what you are seeing is precisely a result of that. Each field has a column datatype in #__jreviews_content so you must change it there from VARCHAR to TEXT.

You went around the user interface to change directly the database, so that can always lead to unexpected results, and what you are seeing is precisely a result of that. Each field has a column datatype in #__jreviews_content so you must change it there from VARCHAR to TEXT.

perfect, thank you :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please refer to our Privacy Policy.