Custom Field Calculation

jav100

Hi,

I would like to adding membership pricing details as data items users can add to their review.

For the types of listings my site provides reviews about, members can usually pay monthly, bi-monthly or every three , six, or 12 months. 

With this in mind, I would like to collect what they paid - and the time term. I would like to then have the system compute the monthly cost automatically, so that an average can be displayed for the listing. 

I imagine this could be accomplished by adding two fields:

Field 1. - Membership term type - radio select style with options of monthly, bi-monthly, or 3/6/12 month membership

Field 2. Price paid for above membership 

Then a simple PHP script could be used to calculate the price paid per month based on the term/amount paid. 

I would also likely include a field around start-up fees as those are sometimes collected too.

Has anyone done something like this before? I understand a field can be setup with PHP formatting for one field, but I wonder if there is an easy solution to grab the output from field 1 so field 2 can make the calculation. 

otherwise, i would have to ask the user to do the calculation based on how they paid which would be more tedious. 

Archived