CMoore

Email My List?

We will be purchasing the My Lists add on this week but had a quick question about it.

If a user has elected to set the list as public is it possible for that user to share a link to view his list to a public user? That is, will a list have a unique link for each user/list or will the menu item only display the logged in user's saved items?

I like the way that Amazon has a share button and allows the user to send an email to someone who may not be a registered site user so that they can view the registered users saved list. The list items do not need to display in the email but would need just a link to the sender's saved list.

I would like to create this for my site.

The links for the lists each have unique ids which allow for sharing. Below there are two examples. The first one is for a sitewide list that is defined by the administrator. This one includes the list id and the user id.  The second one is a user created list which just needs the list id since that list belongs to that specific user and the add-on can figure that out internally.

/mylists/listpage?list=3&user=31

/mylists/listpage?list=1

Any built in share button in jreview? Possible for another user to one click copy the list into his own list?

Any built in share button in jreview? Possible for another user to one click copy the list into his own list?

Neither are available.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please refer to our Privacy Policy.