TomH

ionCube for PHP 7.1

I checked the news and it says the loaders will only work with the forthcoming  encoder version 10. Since that has not been released yet, then JReviews will not work with PHP 7.1 at this time. Even after that encoder is released we would still need to release an update to JReviews to make it compatible. It also remains to be seen if the same package will work on both PHP 7 versions because if new leaders are needed for PHP 7.1 I doubt that package will also work on PHP 7.0.

Okay Thanks. I have been waiting a while to get my site switched from PHP 5.6 to 7.1. Hopefully the encoder will be released soon.

Thanks for the heads up. Compatibility will come in due time. I have a lot going on right now and this isn't a make or break situation. It requires changes both in JReviews and the remote updates system to support two different versions of PHP and most likely you won't be able to update remotely the first time. I'll announce it when it's available.

Tom, could you submit a ticket? I am going to upgrade the software on my end and I can create a 7.1 package to share with you if you want to start using it and test it. This is much easier than implementing the automatic delivery of the correct package for remote updates.

Sure I will help test. It will be on my produciton site though.

Once the correct encoded files are updated will the auto updated continue to work for any later versions or do the encoded files usually get overwritten with each new version?

Hi Alejandro,

it's great that we can use PHP 7.1. now. You wrote:

"

• If you have any add-ons installed, you need to uninstall them and re-install again through the remote installer. This will ensure you get the PHP 7.1 version of the add-ons."

What about the settings of the addons when I uninstall it? Do I have to do it again after re-install it?

Cheers

Quick Question - if staying on php7.0 at this time, do i just update in the normal way within JReviews admin to 2.7.19.2?

If I decide to update later this year to php7.1, what process do i follow to update JReviews at that time if already on a release higher than 2.7.19.2?