Sign in to follow this  
Elvic

Exclude some child categories from related listing detail page widget?

Afternoon JReviews, 

The guy developing our site has created a new category called "workshops" but it share's the same listing type as "events".  Although workshops isn't a child category of events (but shares the listing type) when a user starts to enter text into the widget field on the listing form all events are offered up rather than just workshops.  I did try using Listing.catid NOT IN (1,2,3etc) to exclude certain categories, but they still show?  Can I exclude categories or does the 'Workshops' category require it's own listing type?

Regards

Clive

The related listing custom field only allows you to limit results by listing type and it is that setting when setting up the field which determines the lookup values. The simplest solution, not requiring you to customize the code, would be to have a separate listing type for workshops.

The related listing custom field only allows you to limit results by listing type and it is that setting when setting up the field which determines the lookup values. The simplest solution, not requiring you to customize the code, would be to have a separate listing type for workshops.

Alejandro, is this still the case in JReviews 3?  I would like to create a related listing widget and exclude some categories from being displayed using the customWHERE field.

Thanks

Clive