Sign in to follow this  
Vasilij Zadov

Move map button is not shown on "Mapview" menu type

Hi,

I have created a page in Wordpress with a menu type "Geomaps - Mapview", but on mobile I have no "Move map" button, so literally can't browse the map. I am sure it should be in there? It's not a setting type of thing, right?

The move map button was our way of improving the map user experience on mobile. However, Google finally implemented a native solution to fix the map scrolling trap! They call it smart scrolling and that should be the default behavior for web-based maps. Try setting the "Enable Scrollwheel Zoom" to YES to see if that allows it to work with the new feature. I tested it on the demo and it did.

I have seen that feature and it works nicely as my widget. However, when its done through menu type for page it doesn't come up. I have checked the setting and its enabled. I am just wondering, if it could be something to do with your "move map" functionality, as when I have it in my widget, you don't get that "smart scrolling" until you press enable "move map". Can it be disabled by default on a page when its created through menu type?

Check the source of the page to make sure the scrollwheel option appears as true after you enabled it instead of false as shown in this image. If that still doesn't work, in the next update, we may need to force the gestureHandling to greedy when in mobile as described in the Google Maps docs. Now Google is using what it deems best based on the map location on the page and maybe that doesn't always work 100%.

2016-12-16_06-51-36.png

Yes, I have checked the source code and scrollwheel appears as true. I don't understand one thing, how it can work fine as a widget, but does't work when its a menu type in pages, when both have the same settings? Is there a way to add that "move map" button to the page, so its consistent? 

As I mentioned before now it is set to the default where Google decide what's the best implementation and it's not working great on your side. the "move map" button is not coming back, but we can force "greedy" on mobile so that's exactly what we will be doing. If you submit a ticket we can send you an updated geomaps.js file so you can try it.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please refer to our Privacy Policy.