Not every profiletype wants a profile i think ... seperated profiles or ACL ?

Hi,

I have setup a test environment for the new UserProfiles. Nice adding though i used my own software first but i like to have as less extensions as possible on the website so i was looking to change to this registration flow to native jreviews.

Basicly it works fine with assigning usergroups to selectable profiles and to hide specific content or menu items creating a profile we can use normal Joomla ACL.

Only on the "edit account" page there is a link "Submit your profile now."

This link always points to the "create profile" in the pre-selected category (in configuration settings). And i think this need some extra additional functionality or a slightly other approach.

Let's asume i have two profiletypes Business / Personal and a profile directory called "profiles". Some solutions crossing my mind: 

1. When using the link above every registrant is able to set it's listing inside the profiles directory but i think everyone in a normal setup would want the business and personal profiles separated. Therefore the software needs to support multiple profiletype categories (or bind the profiletype to a specific category and redirect the logged in profiletype to that when clicking the above link)

Or...

2. If using only 1 profiletype category the Joomla ACL should be included in the above link to be able to restrict or allow certain profileTypes to create a profile.

Jasper