Permissions and viewing submit profile categories

DanielH

All users will either have the access level "Business" or "Standard". I am using the business category as a public business directory. The user (Standard) profiles category can only be seen by link with registered access level.

My userprofile categories are as such:

Business (parent) - *No Listings*

subcat

subcat

subcat etc...Business profiles are only submitted to business subcategories with business access level.

User Profiles (parent) - all other users submit profiles to this category - with standard access level.

When a standard member selects to submit user profile and is given the option for selecting a category the parent "Business" category shows in the dropdown due to it is a category without listings and therefore has no permissions for either group assigned to it.

Also if a standard user actually chooses the business category, nothing happens being they do not have access to see the subcategories of business. This is correct because only the subcategories have access settings, its just that the business category shows up in the first place.

Business members when selecting a category only see the parent business category and subcategories which is correct.

I don't think there is a way to hide the Business category from standard users. If not how else could I configure this so the business category does not show.

Hope this is understandable.

Cheers!

Daniel

post-20966-0-49339300-1472054946_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...