capeinfo

notify_url required by PayFast

Hi

I have a payment handler for PayFast which works correctly in every way except it doesn't publish the entry after payment is received.

This might be due to the fact that PayFast requires a notify_url added in the merchant's PayFast settings.  This is essentially a callback url.  Their description is "This page would do all the 'work' which is required (e.g. updating the order in your database), when using our ITN method. This page is 'called' by our server directly after a successful payment and before the user is redirected to the Success Page."

I'm guessing this will be /com_jreviews_addons/paidlistings/plugins/paidlistings.php.  How should the URL be added to the PayFast site?

Thanks

Carl

The same URL is required by other payment handlers, but they allow passing it together with the payment request. The URL looks like this:

index.php?option=com_jreviews&url=paidlistings_orders/_process&handler_id=XYZ&component=tmpl&format=raw

Where XYZ is the ID of your Payfast payment handler in the add-on handlers manager.

Hi

I have a payment handler for PayFast which works correctly in every way except it doesn't publish the entry after payment is received.

This might be due to the fact that PayFast requires a notify_url added in the merchant's PayFast settings.  This is essentially a callback url.  Their description is "This page would do all the 'work' which is required (e.g. updating the order in your database), when using our ITN method. This page is 'called' by our server directly after a successful payment and before the user is redirected to the Success Page."

I'm guessing this will be /com_jreviews_addons/paidlistings/plugins/paidlistings.php.  How should the URL be added to the PayFast site?

Thanks

Carl

Hi,

Are you still using the Payfast handler with Jreviews

Thanks