Wishlist for upcoming Media Upload feature

Mike b

I read across the forum that Jreviews team are developing a new version with a nice Media Upload feature.

Therefore, i want to express some of my suggestions for the upcoming media feature.

1. Batch Upload for images/files

We really need a robust solution for uploading multiple images at once into the gallery. I assume that the new media feature will allow file attachments to listings so - a batch upload for images/files is a must.

Maybe, another great idea is to allow admins to specify in backend a folder path on server for each listing and gallery will import images from that particular folder.

2. A much more intelligent image/file storage

As of now, jreviews is storing the images all at once in one folder on the server. When we are speaking of a lot ... and i mean really mean A LOT of pics inside the same folder this can cause server related performance.

So, implementing some kind of "storage algorithm" to split files/images into different folders inside the main jreview folder based on a logical sense (let's say "monthly" - jreviews will automatically create a folder for each month) could be a solution. (for example JCE Editor does have this type of feature)

Another important thing:

Some of us are using Jreviews for several different purpose within the same website (different "directories" and "applications") therefore, i think a option where we can specifiy a different folder to store uploads for each directory is a MUST.

Let's think about one scenario:

Directory A - Companies Directory (yellow pages)

Directory B - Product Directory ( product catalog)

Directory C - Article Directory (editorial articles)

If we store all the uploads from all the above directories within the same folder, could be a HUGE mess from administrative point of view. Think about products pics mixed with companies portofolios pics mixed with articles images .. and so on - it's a nightmare. :o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...