igordernov

How to boost performance for jReviews powered website to the roof

igordernov

Hello Guys! In this topic you will learn how to make your web site faster.

As all of you know Google recently changed algorithm (Panda upgrade) for ranking so slow websites will be punished. It did affected my website and I lost 50% of my traffic for short time. So I did some tweaks with Joomla and jReviews and result was amazing. As a measurement tool I used PageSpeed by google (https://developers.google.com/pagespeed/). My after optimization my Page Score went form 69 to 91 (feel free to take a look http://www.aromacup.com/coupons/keurig/).

Here's what I've done:

(NOTE: this will not work for everybody since all of us have different hosting, components and etc. You will need to test every change you do to make sure everything still working properly)

Know your score. Use PageSpeed tool to find your score first. You can install it for Firefox or use online  https://developers.google.com/pagespeed/.

Once you know your score it will show to you what you need to work on. So now you can start to optimize your website to make it faster.

Use good and fast hosting. VPS or dedicated server is prefered (here's more info http://docs.reviewsforjoomla.com/Optimizing_the_performance_of_your_JReviews_site). If you have VPS you can enable "Compress All content" form cPanel.

"Apache 2.0 and 2.2 allow you to compress content before sending it to the vistor's browser. The types of content to be compressed are specified by MIME type. This feature requires Apache's mod_deflate to function correctly."

Use cache for everything you can Here's more info about jReviews cache (http://docs.reviewsforjoomla.com/Configuration-Cache_tab). Don't forget to enable "Cache plugin" in Joomla.

(NOTE: Be very careful with cache. You will need to do testing for every component, module and etc.)

Remove all unnecessary components, modules, plugins. Simple if you don't need them - UNINSTALL 'em :)

Compress and combine CSS I used CssJsCompress plugin to compress CSS only. Be careful with scripts.

TEST TEST TEST After you done check your score one more time and see result.

Please feel free to share your tips here. It will benefit everybody.

Alejandro

This section is only visible with a valid subscription. If you have a valid subscription, please login.

igordernov

This section is only visible with a valid subscription. If you have a valid subscription, please login.

Alejandro

Robert Bradley

gigi

igordernov

Mauro Correia

Alejandro

Mauro Correia

Iulian Ilie

gigi

Iulian Ilie

Iulian Ilie

Jennifer Carlyle

gigi

Kristian

Attila Zahorecz

Iulian Ilie

Alejandro

Iulian Ilie

Andy

Andy

Alejandro

bill K

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please refer to our Privacy Policy.