How to upgrade from one subscription plan to another?

aphils

Hey Alejandro, please help me out here:

First off, after a lot of trial and error, here are the assumptions I'm working under:

- Because all subscriptions plans have an expiration period, a subscription-based BASE PLAN can NEVER be upgraded to a better subscription plan.  Correct? 

- If a listing has a free base plan that never expires, it CAN BE upgraded to a subscription plan.  But, if the user wants to upgrade AGAIN to a better subscription plan, the plans will be additive, and the user will be charged for BOTH plans, according to their respective durations/subscription periods.  The new upgrade does not replace  the previous order IN TERMS OF BILLING, correct?  So, to protect users from getting billed twice, you would need to make the plans "exclusive"... but then, it would never possible to upgrade at all, since no other plans would be available...

- There is no way for a user to cancel a subscription from the front-end, is there?  I see only "Delete" which appears to delete the entire listing.

- Similarly, there is no way for a user to downgrade his plan, correct?

Please correct any wrong assumptions! I'm struggling on this one... and all I want to do is:

- let user choose any base plan: a free, never expires plan, or one of three subscription plans.  (I created 4 base plans, accordingly)

- at any time, allow the user to upgrade from the plan he is CURRENTLY on to one of the higher, subscription-based plans (I created 3 upgrade plans that are similar to the 3 subscription base plans, so that users who started off on the free plan can then upgrade.)

Any tips or workaround on how to do this would be appreciated!  If not, consider these formally submitted as Feature Requests  :)